There are forms for transfer of ownership of utility bills for sold properties – Mizzi

Minister for Energy and Water Management Joe Mizzi said that property vendors need to fill out specific forms to transfer the name on the property’s utility bills to the new owner.

Mizzi was replying to a parliamentary question made by Partit Nazzjonalista MP Edwin Vassallo. Vassallo had asked the Minister to take a decision and stop sending utility bills to the past property owners.

Minister Mizzi explained that there is a procedure that needs to be followed. He elaborated that when an individual sells a property, case appropriate forms for the transfer of utility services need to be filled out. He also pointed out that such forms may be obtained from the ARMS offices or via the company’s web page.