- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 150gr broad beans, (About 60g if skinned from both skins)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 140gr kusksu or other small pasta
- 1/2 vegetable stock
- Pinch fresh oregano
- Chilli (if desired)
- Fresh pepper
- 1/2 fresh goats cheese (Ġbejna), out into smal cubes
- Fresh mint
1. In a little olive oil, fry the onion and garlic, on low heat for about 2 minutes until they obtain a golden.
2. Add puree, beans and some water (about 200mls) to cover contents in a pot and bring to the boil. Lower heat and continue cooking for 5 minutes until beans are tender.
3. Add the kusksu, (or other small pasta), oregano and enough stock (about 200ml) to cover the pasta.
4. Cook on high heat until pasta is cooked. Fold in goat's cheese Add fresh pepper and garnish with mint. Serve warm
For more recipes by Lara Gerada, watch Insellimlek on RTK 103FM or on Facebook LIVE daily here.