Read in English.
Riċetta ta' Anton B. Dougall
- 2kg boneless pork loin
- 4 tbsp Maltese honey
- 2 tbsp mustard
- Olive oil
- 60gr brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 2000C, Gas mark 6.
2. Wash and scrape the carrots and cut into thick slices. Peel the onions and cut into thick slices. Put the carrots and onions in a roasting dish.
3. Season the pork and place in the roasting dish on top of the carrots and onions.
4. In a bowl, mix together the honey, mustard, cloves, cinnamon, sugar and oil. Mix well so that all the ingredients are blended.
5. Pour some of this mixture over the pork.
6. Add some water to the dish. Cover the whole dish with aluminum foil and bake in a hot oven for at least 90 minutes.
7. Baste frequently.
8. Remove the foil and pour the rest of the mixture over the pork.
9. Continue cooking for at least 45 more minutes.
10. Allow meat to relax for about 30 minutes before carving.
For more recipes, click here.