Recipe by Prime Meats
- 1kg lean minced beef
- 200gr lean minced pork
- 200gr streaky bacon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp thyme or rosemary
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
1. In a glass bowl, mix the minced meat, eggs, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, milk, soy sauce, onion, carrot, parsley and herbs.
2. Place a sheet of aluminium foil into a loaf tin.
3. Remove the skin from the bacon rashers.
4. Wrap the bacon around the meat mixture
5. Pack the meat tightly into the baking tin.
6. Cover with the foil and bake for 90 minutes.
Ideally the meatloaf is cooled and left to stand overnight in the fridge. This will facilitate slicing and reduce waste. Meat can be heated in the microwave.
For more recipes, listen to Insellimlek by Sonia Young on RTK 103FM or watch on the live-stream.
Image by FoodNetwork.com