Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
The White House has not announced whether US President Donald Trump has tested negative after his doctor declared that he is no longer at risk of transmitting the virus on Sunday.
Dr Sean Conley said that Trump met the Center for Disease Control and Prevention criteria for safely discontinuing isolation in a memo released by the White House. The doctor also said that by “currently recognised standards” he was no longer considered a transmission risk.
The memo did not say whether Trump had tested negative, but stated that a test on Saturday had showed the president was no longer a “transmission risk to others”, and there was no longer evidence “of actively replicating virus”.
Some medical experts had been skeptical that Trump could be declared free of the risk of transmitting the virus so early in the course of his illness. They remarked that there was no way to know for certain that someone was no longer contagious, just ten days since an initial diagnosis of infection.
The memo came after Trump’s first public appearance since returning to the White House after receiving treatment in hospital. Hundreds of people gathered Saturday afternoon on the South Lawn for a Trump address on his support for law enforcement from a White House balcony.
Just more than three weeks to go until election day, Trump took off his masks moments after he emerged to address the crowd.
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.