Local banks have, like other businesses, changed their opening hours and schedules following the spread of coronavirus.
Below is the updated list of bank schedules, as published by the Malta Bankers’ Association today.
APS Bank p.l.c.
- 9 branches out of 11 are operating, offering full services (82% coverage of existing branches) while 2 branches are temporarily closed.
- The 9 operational branches are at Valletta, Swatar, Paola, Mosta, Sliema, Attard and Victoria Gozo (offering teller and over-the-counter services), as well as the teller-less branches at Rabat and Żejtun. All of these offices are also equipped with ATMs and deposit machines.
- The 2 branches temporarily closed are at Floriana and Qormi, both being teller-less and not offering essential services. ATM and deposit machine services however remain available at both these locations. Meetings can also be arranged by appointment if required, although such requests have now practically stopped.
- All 9 branches are open between Monday and Saturday observing the following hours:
Monday to Friday between 9am and 1pm
Saturday between 9am and 12.30pm
Lombard Bank p.l.c.
- As of the 3 April and until further notice, branches are operating under reduced opening hours as follows: Monday- Friday 09.00 – 12.30. The bank does not open on Saturdays.
- The bank operates from the following branches: Valletta – 67 Republic Street; Sliema – 225 Tower Road; Qormi – 82 St Sebastian Street; Balzan – Balzan Valley; Victoria Gozo – Ninu Cremona Street. There is also a second small office in Sliema at 44 Tigne Street.
Bank of Valletta p.l.c.
- The following branches are currently operative:
Malta – Balluta (Sliema), Gżira, San Ġwann, St. Julian’s, Ibraġġ, Paola, Żejtun, Żabbar, Żurrieq, Marsascala, Imqabba, San Pawl il-Baħar, Buġibba, Mosta, St. Venera, Birkirkara, Rabat, Attard, Żebbuġ, Ħamrun, Siġġiewi, Floriana, Valletta, Naxxar and Marsa
Gozo – Victoria, Xagħra, Sannat and Nadur
- Monday to Friday – 9am to 12pm
On Saturdays, and from the 18th April, the bank will be operating five branches in Malta on a rotation basis as per the table hereunder thus ensuring appropriate regional representation to provide ease of access to its clients.
- Gozo – The bank considers that Gozo cannot be treated similar to Malta as a branch rotation arrangement is not applicable.
- The bank will open its Rabat – Gozo Branch on the last Saturday of the month to service pension and salary payments. In addition, the bank will also extend the opening hours of the Rabat – Gozo Branch during the other weekdays which are business days, by an extra one hour.
HSBC Bank Malta p.l.c.
- The following branches are currently operative: Valletta, Sliema, Paola, Mosta; Victoria – Gozo.
- Opening hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 1.30pm
Saturday 8.30am – 12.30pm
- By appointment (above localities): Friday afternoon 1.30pm – 4pm
BNF Bank p.l.c.
- The bank currently operates from the following branches:
Attard Branch, Ħal Warda Road.
Fgura Branch, 6 Hompesch Road.
Gozo Branch, 74A Republic Street, Victoria.
Qormi Branch, Pavi Shopping Complex, Manuel Dimech Street.
Siġġiewi Branch, Pjazza San Nikola.
St Julians Branch, 125,126 Main Street.
St Paul’s Bay Branch, Mosta Road.
Mosta Branch, 12 Constitution Street.
- All above branches are open Monday to Saturday 9:00 – 12:30 offering full service during said days and times.
- All above branches have an ATM accessible 24×7 which allows withdrawal of cash as well as deposits of cash and cheques. The above equates to 75% of the number of branches on Monday to Saturday.
- The bank also has another five ATMs available 24×7 in the branches/offices below:
Naxxar Branch, 48, 50 Labour Avenue.
Rabat Branch, 6 Triq il-Karrijiet.
San Ġwann Branch, 189 Naxxar Road.
Paola Branch, 90 Pjazza Antoine De Paule.
Head Office, 203 Rue D’Argens, Gżira