Europe’s top campsite is located in Austria. This is the result of the camping.info award 2020 organised by www.camping.info, one of Europe’s leading camping guides.
Out of more than 23,000 European campsites from 44 countries top ranking went to Camping Grubhof (Austria, www.grubhof.com).
The camping.info award is among the most highly coveted awards on the European camping scene. The awards are based on the satisfaction ratings of 148,864 campers, who posted a total of 190,824 ratings on camping.info.
“The rankings are based exclusively on the ratings provided by campers. Accordingly the camping.info Award is an honour awarded purely by the public, in which only customer satisfaction counts”, states Maximilian Moehrle, managing director of camping.info based in Berlin, “This means that even small, highly committed campsites have a good chance of being listed among the Top 100 in Europe and of being discovered as an insider tip.”
The top 10 campsites in Europe:
1. Camping Grubhof / Austria
2. Naturisten FamilienSport- und NaturCamp Sonnensee / Germany
3. Campingpark Kühlungsborn / Germany
4. Rosenfelder Strand Ostsee Camping / Germany
5. Luxury Camping Schlosshof Resort / Italy
6. Camping Hopfensee / Germany
7. Camping Village Marina di Venezia / Italy
8. Camp MondseeLand / Austria
9. Camping Murinsel / Germany
10. Naturcamping Spitzenort / Germany
All of Europe’s top 100 campsites can be found at www.camping.info/award.