Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
The situation will be contained, Deputy Prime Minister and Health Minister Chris Fearne said in reference to the outbreak of coronavirus linked to a weekend-long party at a St Julian’s hotel held over the last weekend.
So far a total of seven cases have been registered of individuals who attended Hotel Takeover Summer 2020 which was organised by G7 Events at the Radisson, between last Friday and Saturday. Out of the six new cases registered on Friday, one was a health care worker at Mount Carmel Hospital. This led to the health authorities closing off the ward where the person worked. The staff and patients were placed under mandatory quarantine.
Currently there are 12 active cases.
Speaking during an interview on Newsbook Hour hosted by Fr Joe Borg, Fearne said that the authorities will control the situation as has happened in similar cases.
The importance of testing was also highlighted during the programme.
Fearne said that we have to adapt to the new normal – living with the presence of coronavirus.
‘As long as ports remain open, we will still register coronavirus cases. I’m confident that the situation will remain under control,’ Fearne remarked.
The health authorities have learnt during the outbreak of the coronavirus and are better prepared to confront the situation, he concluded.
Let’s be cautious – Fearne
Writing on Facebook, the deputy prime minister and health minister said that one should continue to be vigilant and cautious despite no new cases were recorded during the last 24 hours.
Fearne reminded that the country’s success depends on each and every person as he appealed for prudence.