Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
Economy Minister Silvio Schembri said that it was not about agreeing or disagreeing when asked about the lucrative consultancy contract awarded to disgrace former Tourism Minister Konrad Mizzi.
Speaking to Newsbook.com.mt, Schembri said that the decision was taken at a “political level”. He added that newly appointed Prime Minister Robert Abela was clear when he spoke of accountability.
Education Minister Owen Bonnici said that he only read about the contract in local media and was previously unaware.
On Monday, Times of Malta revealed that the disgraced former minister was given an €80,000 consultancy contract by the Malta Tourism Authority, two weeks after Mizzi resigned as minister in the wake of Yorgen Fenech’s arrest over the murder of journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia.
Bonnici told this newsroom that his only income was the ministerial salary, saying that he had relinquished his lecturing remuneration.
Tourism Minister Julia Farrugia Portelli told the media that she only discovered that her predecessor was awarded the contract on Monday.
Video: Christoph Schwaiger