Watch: Fire at Magħtab; keep windows closed

Maghtab 😱

Posted by Martin Sen on Thursday, August 30, 2018

The Civil Protection Department has suggested that the residents of Naxxar, San Gwann and other localities nearby to keep all windows closed after part of the WasteServ in the Magħtab landfill caught fire earlier this morning.

A spokesperson for the Police confirmed this with Newsbook.com.mt in a report this morning at 6.10am and explained that the part of WasteServ that caught fire is where plastic is separated. No one was injured in this incident.

In a Facebook post, the Civil Protection Department advised to avoid passing from the localities close to Magħtab by car.

The Health Authorities were informed of the abundance of black smoke which swept through various localities. People with heart or lung problems including asthmatic people will be at risk if exposed to such smoke and are advised to seek medical help if experiencing breathing problems.

Video: George Puliccino