Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
Tourism Minister, Julia Farrugia Portelli has been tested against coronavirus and results came back as negative but she has been ordered by health authorities to self-quarantine.
Minister Farrugia Portelli announced this on her social media on Monday. She explained that she has been asked to get tested as last week she was in contact with a person who resulted positive to coronavirus.
Farrugia Portelli that at 1 am she was informed by Prof. Charmaine Gauci that her test came negative but she is requested to stay in self-quarantine till Saturday 21st March.
In her post, she also said that at this moment in time, although she is working from home she will be virtually present to all meetings concerning the tourism industry which is being hit hard by the latest coronavirus developments in Malta.
Julia Farrugia Portelli said that meetings are underway to discuss a financial package to aid the tourism industry and to secure all jobs in this industry.
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.