Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
A 35-year-old driver denied grievously injuring a Romanian man who he allegedly assaulted with a hammer on New Year’s Day. The man was arraigned on Sunday before Magistrate Doreen Clarke.
The incident happened on New Year’s Day at 3.20am in Paceville.
The driver from Żejtun pleaded not guilty to injuring a Romanian national and to threatening a Colombian national during the same incident.
The alleged victims went to the St Julian’s police station and told the officers that they had been attacked by a man, the police had said in a statement on Friday. Soon after, the taxi driver went to the police station to say that he had had an argument with two people.
The accused was granted bail against a €500 deposit and a €3,000 personal guarantee. He was also ordered to sign the bail book twice a week.
Lawyers Franco Debono and Francesca Zarb were defence counsel.