Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
The findings of an opinion poll published by MaltaToday on Sunday 19th July had several points of interest which reflect on the current political situation.
- The majority of PL voters prefer Delia as leader of the PN
- The majority of the PN voters are divided on the party leadership
- Possibly up to 26% of respondents are ready for a PN Prime Minister but not just any PN prime minister
- Adrian Delia and Therese Comodini Cachia achieved equal pegging in spite of the latter’s very recent foray into the spotlight.
Who is more trustworthy:
Robert Abela or Adrian Delia? Robert Abela or Therese Comodini Cachia?
- While the numbers seem similar, this may not be the case.
- Scenario 1: 13% prefer a PN PM to Robert Abela, irrespective of who that would be.
- Scenario 2: those who prefer a PN PM are nearer the 26% mark given that those who chose Delia or Comodini Cachia come from different camps.
- Scenario 2 is more likely since it is also closer to the 21% mark where respondents to the survey said that they would be voting PN in a general election.
- The survey did not ask respondents to choose between Delia and Comodini Cachia
- 29% of those who voted PN in the last election will not vote and 9% are undecided.
Prof Josef Lauri is a mathematician and lectures at the University of Malta. A full version of the opinion piece can be found here