Stewards leaving Gozo by end of the month – Chris Said

Discussions have been ongoing with government - SH

Beppe Galea

Tista' taqra bil- Malti.

Till the end of this month Steward will be leaving Gozo and the Gozo General Hospital will be returned to the government said Dr Chris Said PN MP.

In a reaction Steward Health Care Malta spokesperson said, “As is common knowledge, Steward Health Care Malta has been in active discussions with the Government over the past months and discussions are still ongoing.”

This is another failure in the Labour Government policy for Gozo said Said.

Jidher li sal-ahhar ta' dan ix-xahar Steward ser jispiccaw minn Ghawdex u l-Isptar Generali ta' Ghawdex jerga' lura f'…

Posted by Chris Said on Thursday, January 14, 2021

The former Minister appealed for a proper audit on the concession agreements and the funding granted to Steward and Vitals beforehand.

Dr Said reminds in his statement that the Gozitans have been left without the promised 450 bed new hospital. Stewards Health Care had been granted funds for this project but the new hospital never materialized.

Stewards Healthcare took over the concession that was granted to Vitals. The sale agreement which was kept secret and which resulted in the concession of 3 public hospitals for 99 years, sold for €1.

An audit into the concession agreement awarded to Vitals Global Healthcare shows that the evidence indicating collusive action between the parties acting on behalf of Government with the investors of the VGH renders the entire process dubious, irrespective of whether the process was in adherence with procedural and regulatory requirements. The report was published by the National Audit Office, NAO.