Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
Profs. Charmaine Gauci, the Superintendent for Public Health said that during the last two days the number of swab tests has increased to 22 and tests resulted negative.
During a press briefing, regarding the coronavirus, Profs. Gauci said that the reason for such an increase is that people travelling to and from Italy are far more than people who travel to Asia. Also, since coronavirus cases have increased in Italy, Maltese Health Authorities have increased and expanded the surveillance, explained Profs. Gauci.
Mater Dei Hospital Chief Executive Officer, Celia Falzon said that the hospital is well prepared to deal with possible cases of coronavirus. She advised the public to immediately contact health authorities through the helpline if they have COVID-19 symptoms.
Mater Dei CEO said that the Hospital is also equipped with protective equipment, training to nurses for post containment is still ongoing and they also have set up an on-call team.
It was reiterated that people returning from affected areas are being asked to self-quarantine for 14 days. They are also asked to track the people they were in contact with so that they can be tested as well and to also self-quarantine. Profs. Charmaine Gauci said that they also keep daily contact with high-risk cases.
Profs. Gauci said that as from last week the situation within the Malta International Airport is not business as usual and again advised people to avoid nonessential travel to the listed affected areas.
During the press briefing Profs. Gauci said that the screening has been also implemented at catamaran terminals as from Wednesday, however, the mode of screening is different from the one implemented at the Malta International Airport.