Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
Dr Tanya Melillo, Public Health Consultant in the Infectious disease unit said that there is absolutely no need for anyone to undress next to the door. She insisted however that on entering, one should make a beeline to wash hands and perhaps even face as soon as possible.
But should I not be leaving my shoes next to the door?
It is not a bad thing to clean the shoes before entering, said Dr Melillo, but it is not a priority.
I bought a cardboard box and, by mistake, I brushed this against a garbage bag. I left everything by the door. Will I get COVID-19?
If the box was left by the door for two days, any trace of COVID-19 would have disappeared so now you can take the box in. However do not forget to wash your hands, warned Dr Melillo.
Do you need help? Here are some helpful numbers:
- 111 – for those who feel the onset of COVID-19 symptoms or who wish clarification on symptoms.
- 21411 411 – for those who need food and medicines while in obligatory quarantine.
- 2294 4511/2294 4504 – Use these number to report infringments to the public health regulations and regulations pertaining to COVID-19.
- 1772 – for those who feel lonely
- 1575 – for those EMPLOYEES who want to ask about salaries and working conditions.
- 1576 – for EMPLOYERS who want to ask about salaries and working conditions.
- 153 – For those who want more information on the financial packages being administered by the Department of Social Services.
- 144 – for those who want more information on the aid packages being administered by Malta Enterprise.
- 2204 2200 – For Maltese residents stranded abroad.
- 2598 1000 – for question about the educational sector.
- 2169 2447– for information on the aid packages for the sectors of tourism and hotels.
- 2590 3030 – For the elderly who have no support structures and need medicines, food, meals or shopping.
- 2546 9111 – Information for those in the gaming industry.
If you want the latest developments on the COVID-19 situation, download the app here.