Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
Dr Tanya Melillo, Public Health Consultant in the Infectious disease unit said that she can empathise with the suffering of those staying at home and constantly bombarded by noises of nearby construction. She said that by law, there should not be more than 3 persons on a construction site and added that in her opinion, all construction work should stop. However, she made it clear that that was her personal opinion given that her remit was tied to health and not to issuing directives.
Newsbook.com.mt was inundated with calls, particularly by elderly people because of construction work being carried out next door. “We are battered by noise constantly – ceaseless excavation works, no social distancing whatsoever” was atypical complaint. Another person said that where works have not started yet, these should not be allowed to start: “Do not keep making out lives a time of fear and misery” complained another person.
Do you need help? Here are some helpful numbers:
- 111 – for those who feel the onset of COVID-19 symptoms or who wish clarification on symptoms.
- 21411 411 – for those who need food and medicines while in obligatory quarantine.
- 2294 4511/2294 4504 – Use these number to report infringments to the public health regulations and regulations pertaining to COVID-19.
- 1772 – for those who feel lonely
- 1575 – for those EMPLOYEES who want to ask about salaries and working conditions.
- 1576 – for EMPLOYERS who want to ask about salaries and working conditions.
- 153 – For those who want more information on the financial packages being administered by the Department of Social Services.
- 144 – for those who want more information on the aid packages being administered by Malta Enterprise.
- 2204 2200 – For Maltese residents stranded abroad.
- 2598 1000 – for question about the educational sector.
- 2169 2447– for information on the aid packages for the sectors of tourism and hotels.
- 2590 3030 – For the elderly who have no support structures and need medicines, food, meals or shopping.
- 2546 9111 – Information for those in the gaming industry.
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.