A new eye clinic has been opened to the public in the Health Centre in Floriana. This should serve as a ‘one-stop-shop’ for people suffering from any eye related problem, where a person can undergo multiple eye tests in the same place in the same day, said Minister for Health Chris Fearne.
Some of the facilities will include:
- Eye screenings
- Refraction Clinic: where a person’s sight can be checked, and can be prescribed glasses if need be.
- Glaucoma Screenings: this service will be used to detect glaucoma during its early stages.
- Glaucoma Clinic: this will treat and monitor people already suffering from glaucoma
- Diabetic retinopathy clinic: this service will be specifically for diabetic people
The Minister announced that in 2018, around 14,000 patients which visited the health centre needed a service related to eyes and sight.
What is needed to visit?
- Identity card, passport, or driver’s licence
- Doctor’s reference if a patient is sent by a doctor
- Medical eye recipe if applicable
- The pink or yellow paper
Who can benefit from this Centre?
Everyone, but especially:
- People in need of an eye check up
- People suffering from symptoms related to sight.
How to schedule an appointment?
To schedule an appointment, you can call the Primary HealthCare Call Centre on 21231231.