Something indulgent to complement your afternoon tea or coffee break.
- 150g cashew nuts
- 150g hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts, for decoration
- 4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-6 tablespoon maple syrup, honey or any sweetener of your choice
- 100ml coconut oil, melted
- Melt the coconut oil, preferably Bain Marie or a few seconds in the microwave
- Grind cashews into a fine powder.
- Grind the hazelnuts into a coarse powder (for the fudge, chunks of hazelnuts are preferred)
- Mix together the ground nuts , cocoa powder, vanilla, melted oil and sweetener .
- Pour mix into a square dish about 6inches or any small dish of your preference and spread out the mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of chopped hazelnuts.
- Place fudge in fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Once set, run a knife around the outside and pull fudge out onto a flat surface.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe thanks to Baked With Love