Following consultation and agreement with the authorities, in view of the COVID-19 situation, the Malta Public Transport (MPT) has implemented a number of precautionary measures.
The MPT is asking the public to not travel if they are feeling sick and to follow quarantine procedures as indicated by the authorities.
The following are the directives issued by the Malta Public Transport:
- With immediate effect, standing passengers on board buses will not be allowed
- Additional cleaning schedule of the buses during the day, especially in the driver cabin area
- MPT has provided personal hand sanitizer bottles to all employees that have direct contact with the public, including bus drivers and has installed wall-mounted hand sanitizers in all its facilities
- Bus drivers are instructed to open all windows inside the buses and to switch off air-conditioning systems as requested by the authorities
- Passengers are required to provide exact change when buying their tickets. (The no change policy measure has already been implemented on Thursday)
In the press statement, the Malta Public Transport said it has taken all the necessary precautions that have been announced by the Government including travel and quarantine restrictions.