Newsbook.com.mt journalist Christoph Schwaiger was elected President of JCI Malta, a local branch of an international non-governmental organisation.
Junior Chamber International was founded in the United States and is committed to providing youths between the age of 18 and 40 years with various opportunities. The Maltese branch aims at helping youths develop their skills in business, debating and public speaking.
Schwaiger will be the 25th President of the Maltese branch organisation, founded 25 years ago. During the annual general meeting he said he will be doing his best to strengthen the unity in this country and he will be making sure that there are more international opportunities for youths.
In the coming weeks, Schwaiger and other members form the same organisation will be going to India for the JCI World Congress, in which they will be teaming up with members from around 100 countries to attend several training sessions, while an international plan for 2019 will be set.
The JCI Malta 2019 board includes:
- Christoph Schwaiger – National President
- Markus Behmann – Deputy President
- Jonathan Mifsud – Immediate Past President
- Nicole Borg – Secretary General
- Rachel Cassar – Treasurer
- Julia Aquilina – VP Marketing
- Edward Cachia – Local President de La Vallette
- Monique Cauchi – Local President de Wignacourt
- Manuel Zarb – Local President for Debating and Public Speaking