Rachel Galea has been appointed as the new President for the Gozo University Group.
The new executive council of the GUG was confirmed during the annual general meeting of the group at the Gozo Campus of the University of Malta in Xewkija.
Amendments to the statute will now see AGM taking place between mid-July to mid-August and the Extraordinary General Meeting taking place in February instead of December. The statute is also to be updated with a new logo which commemorates the organisation’s 30th anniversary.
Malcolm Dimech, Joseph Mifsud and Jessica Said were given positions on the Vigilance Board.
The rest of the GUG’s new executive council is made up of:
- Renée Formosa – Vice-President
- Nicole Debrincat – Executive Secretary,
- Elaine Haber – Information Secretary,
- Christoph Caruana – Events Officer,
- Sean Grech as Education Officer,
- Samuel Buttigieg – PRO,
- Corrine Zahra – Social Policy Officer,
- Charlene Scerri – Social Media Officer,
- Maria Azzopardi – Financial Officer,
- Chris Mercieca – Marketing Officer,
- Mark Farrugia – International Officer