Watch: MTA publicity campaign to attract tourists post COVID-19

Dream Malta Now ... Visit Later

Ministry for Tourism & Consumer Protection and The Malta Tourism Authority launch Dream Malta Now…Visit Later campaign.#visitmalta #juliafarrugiaportelli #dreammalta

Posted by Malta Tourism Authority on Saturday, April 18, 2020

Work has already started in the tourism sector aimed towards enticing prospective tourists to visit Malta once the COVID-19 pandemic is over.

In the daily coronavirus bulletin, the government said that the Malta Tourism Authority has launched a publicity campaign in 14 different languages in order to remain in contact with prospective tourists and to show them the best characteristics of Malta.

Currently, there is no air or sea travel whatsoever among a number of countries, as a measure taken by many governments to contain the spread of coronavirus.

Government said that the campaign is part of the strategy in the tourism sector in order to ensure that Malta is in a good position in tourism once the spread of the virus is over.

The Malta Tourism Authority said that it is aware that the touristic competition in the Mediterranean post coronavirus is expected to be very strong.

According to the World Economic Outlook, a survey conducted by the International Monetary Fund, IMF published last week, Malta will economically suffer the least post coronavirus. The survey shows that the Maltese economy will quickly and strongly recover post-COVID-19 pandemic.

If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.