Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
Fifty-two groups have already registered their participation for the national protest ‘Enough is Enough: We’re off to Valletta’.
This was announced by Moviment Graffitti in a statement on Saturday, which explained that the groups registering range from environmental NGOs and residents’ groups from various localities, to cultural, human rights’ and students’ organisations.
The national protest will be making six demands aimed at reining in excessive and haphazard construction through:
- Changing planning policies
- Reforming authorities responsible for the environment and planning
- A moratorium on large-scale projects until a comprehensive and serious plan for development is introduced
- A strategy on roads and alternative transportation
- Regulation of the construction industry and
- Protecting biodiversity and citizens’ health.