12 people within the Ministry for Gozo (and related entities) asked to telework from Gozo during the period of February 20th till 11th May. However, a much larger number are teleworking due to the pandemic.
Minister for Gozo Clint Camilleri confirmed this while answering MP Karol Aquilina’s question in Parliament. He also stated that since the COVID-19 situation, the Ministry has been encouraging other workers to telework to reduce its spread.
These 12 people are:
- 2 principals and an assistant principal for the Services Directorate in Gozo;
- An assistant principal at the Cultural Heritage Directorate;
- An operations manager and electrical engineer at the Maintenance and Restoration Directorate;
- A senior clerk and principal legal officer at the Corporate Services Directorate;
- And an admin and three executives for Gozo Channel Operations Ltd.
Apart from these 12 workers, there are a further 59 who are working from home. Another 200 are rotating in and out of remote work and office work. Therefore, the transmission risk is lessened, while still ensuring that the work is being done.