A number of Medical Specialist Associations are disturbed by the resurgence in the number of Covid-19 cases over the festive season.
“Let us hope there will not be a repeat during the carnival recess. Government needs to be proactive and increase restrictive measures. Politicians must refrain from any discourse that is unscientific and that confuses the public” declared the associations..
Until something like 60-70% of the whole population have been vaccinated, the risk for COVID-19 to the community at large and particularly to the vulnerable remains a very real issue the collective of organisations said in a combined statement.
The statement was signed by:
- Malta College of Pathologists
- Malta College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Malta Association of Ophthalmologists
- Geriatric Medicine Society
- Association of Anaesthetists, Malta
- Malta Association of Dermatology and Venereology
- Maltese Paediatric Association
- Maltese Association of Radiologists and Nuclear Medicine Physicians
- Malta Association of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
- Association of Surgeons of Malta
- Malta Association of Public Health Medicine
We are nowhere near any semblance of normality and saying that we are is insulting to all front liners and to COVID victims and their families declared the associations.