Marsaxlokk food establishment fined €3,000; Further 96 people fined €100 each

Miguela Xuereb

Tista' taqra bil- Malti.

A food establishment in Marsaxlokk was fined €3,000 after an inspection found that it had a bench outside on the street with 2 clients eating on it. The establishment was supposed to be only serving takeaway or deliveries.

In the coronavirus news bulletin published daily, the government said that to date 646 persons have been fined in breach of being in groups of more than 3 people in public.

96 persons were each fined €100 during the continuous patrols that the Police are doing in order to ensure that there are no groups of more than 3 people in public places, as per legal notice published by the government.

Authorities’ appeal remains that everyone should be responsible and cooperate with the directives being issued to avoid increasing local coronavirus transmission.

On Sunday the Superintendent for Public Health, Prof. Charmaine Gauci announced that another 19 persons have recovered from COVID-19 after their tests came back negative.

14 were men and 5 were women. This means that the total of those recovered has now gone up to 118.

Yesterday, Prof. Gauci said that there was only one new positive case of coronavirus confirmed in the last 24 hours.

So far in Malta, there are 306 active cases.

Prof. Gauci has also appealed to the public to attend to the swabbing appointment regardless of the day and even if they do not feel the coronavirus symptoms anymore.

If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.