Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
In view of the global spreading of COVID-19, the Ministry for Foreign and European Affairs wishes to inform that while there is no reason for alarm, Maltese citizens should follow the instructions that are regularly being issued by the pertinent authorities both locally and abroad.
The Ministry is closely following the situation as it develops and is in constant contact and co- ordination with both Maltese Embassies abroad and with the Health Authorities in Malta.
While Maltese Missions abroad will be assisting Maltese citizens who require assistance in the affected areas, in case of emergency or for more information, Maltese citizens may contact the Ministry on the following coordinates:
• Phone: 00356 2204 2200
• Email address: email@example.com
In a late night press conference, Prime Minister Robert Abela announced that Malta has suspended flights and sea trip to and from Italy in view of the recent total lockdown announced by the neighboring country earlier on Monday evening.
“In view of this, the Maltese Government has taken a decision with immediate effect to halt all flights to and from Italy,” Abela said. He explained that the catamaran service will be only authorised to transport goods between the two countries.
On Monday, Italy announced that the country is under total lockdown while the fourth patient tested positive for coronavirus in Malta.
A fourth coronavirus case has been confirmed in Malta, the Health Ministry said in a statement issued late Monday evening.