This evening, Archbishop Charles Scicluna will be Ordaining ten new priests at Christ the King Parish, in Raħal Ġdid. It is festive occasion for the whole Church in Malta which had to be postponed by more than two months due to COVID-19.
Scheduled for April 18, tonight’s ordination was postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The church of Christ the King, is the largest Church in Malta and with Social Distance restrictions it will be able to seat just 400 persons and a few more priests.
Normally, such occasions are celebrated at St. John’s Co-Cathedral, in Valletta, but the seating possibility would have been very limited.
Although preference will be given to close family and friends of the new priests, this celebration will be transmitted live on TVM2, Newsbook.com.mt, and the Archdiocese of Malta’s YouTube Channel and Facebook page.
The ten deacons that will be ordained priests are:
- Osmar Baldacchino from St Nicholas’ Parish, is-Siġġiewi
- David Borg from Our Lady of Graces Parish, Ħaż-Żabbar
- Christopher Bugeja from the St Paul’s Parish, ir-Rabat
- Andrew Camilleri from St Catherine’s Parish, iż-Żurrieq (Focolare Movement)
- Jonathan Debattista from the Annunciation Parish, Ħal Tarxien
- Michael Debono, Society of Jesus (Jesuits)
- Damian John Formosa, Salesian of Don Bosco
- Jake Mamo, Salesian of Don Bosco
- Tony Pace from the St Paul’s Conversion Parish, Ħal Safi
- Paul Spiteri, Salesian of Don Bosco