Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
Partit Nazzjonalista has proposed a number of social measures aimed at assisting individuals directly during the transition phase.
Nationalist Deputy Leader David Agius claimed that some senior citizens have stopped receiving their social security cheques due to a technical fault, during a press conference on Wednesday. He said that these people were suffering due to the government’s shortcomings.
Partit Nazzjonalista said that a number of social measures were needed, including:
- Incentives and measures for unemployed individuals to find work
- Direct aid to vulnerable individuals
- Social housing to those who have been waiting for years
- More investment in education
- A pension which ensures that elderly citizens enjoy a decent quality of life
- Improve the quality of life of differently abled individuals
- More investment to encourage voluntary organisations, social innovators and social enterprises to enter into business
- A reduction in water and electricity bills
Opposition MP Clyde Puli remarked that such measures could keep unemployment low. Puli who is the Opposition spokesperson for employment said that he held meetings with various entities while drafting the party’s policies.
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news, download the Newsbook APP here.