Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
On Monday, the Superintendent of Public Health, Prof. Charmaine Gauci announced that in Malta we have 17 new coronavirus cases. This brings up the total confirmed cases to 107.
The latest details were provided during a press briefing regarding COVID-19.
Prof. Charmaine Gauci said that from the new 17 cases, 10 are travel-related and the rest were locally transmitted.
10 new travel-related coronavirus cases
A Maltese woman aged 61, who has no travel history but was in contact with another cluster of contracted cases which were already announced as confirmed.
A 19-year-old man who recently travelled to Northern Italy has tested positive. This case is also related to a cluster of coronavirus cases confirmed which had travel history.
A Maltese woman aged 56 who travelled to the United Kingdom.
An English man, aged 56, who also travelled to the UK.
A couple, a Maltese woman, 32-years-old and her partner, a 30 year old Italian national, who live in Malta, have tested positive after arriving back from Madrid.
Another case is of a Maltese man, aged 28, who currently lives in the UK but travelled back to Malta as soon as the government announced commercial flights were to stop.
An Irish woman, aged 60, residing in Malta, is also positive to coronavirus. The woman was travelling to various countries.
A Maltese man, aged 56. He has no travel history but health authorities think that he contracted the virus from work from a person who was abroad and was confirmed positive.
Another man, aged 40, is also positive to COVID-19 and had two family members who were already confirmed at positive.
7 news locally transmitted cases
A healthcare worker, a Maltese woman, aged 32, who has no travel history. Two members of her family had already tested positive.
A Maltese man, aged 34. Health authorities are investigating all possibilities to conclude from where he might have contracted the virus.
A Ukrainian woman, aged 38, has no travel history.
Another Maltese woman, aged 52. The woman has no travel history and was not in contact with people who might have had COVID-19 symptoms.
3 related cases of local transmission; a 14-year-old, a 21-year-old man and a 49-year-old woman have tested positive to coronavirus.
During the press conference, Prof. Gauci said that authorities are expecting the number of cases to increase although health authorities will continue to work to limit this increase gradually.
Coronavirus cases in Malta;
9th March – Fourth coronavirus case confirmed in Malta
10th March – Fifth coronavirus case confirmed in Malta
11th March – 7th coronavirus case confirmed
14th March – 19-year old Maltese tests positive for coronavirus
14th March – Watch: 5 news cases; 18 in total
16th March – 9 new cases of coronavirus – 3 local transmissions
17th March – Watch: 8 test positive to coronavirus; Total now 38
18th March – 10 news coronavirus cases confirmed; 48 in total
19th March – Watch: 5 new coronavirus cases; Total 53
21st March – Watch: Nine new coronavirus cases confirmed
22nd March – Watch: 17 new coronavirus cases; Total 90
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.