Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
Deaths from the COVID-19 epidemic in Italy climbed by 162 on Tuesday, against 99 the day before, the Civil Protection Agency said, while the daily tally of new cases rose sharply to 813 from 451 on Monday.
The total death toll since the outbreak came to light on Feb. 21 now stands at 32,169 the agency said, the third highest in the world after those of the United States and Britain.
The number of confirmed cases amounts to 226,699 the sixth highest global tally behind those of the United States, Russia, Spain, Britain and Brazil.
People registered as currently carrying the illness fell to 65,129 from 66,553 the day before.
There were 716 people in intensive care on Tuesday, down from 749 on Monday, maintaining a long-running decline. Of those originally infected, 129,401 were declared recovered against 127,326 a day earlier.
The agency said 2.0 million people have so far been tested for the virus, against 1.959 million on Monday, out of a population of around 60 million.
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.