Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
The autumn hunting season is to open on 1st September 2019, and will remain open until 31st January 2020 (both days included).
The Federation for Conservationist Hunters and Trappers (FKNK) stated this in a press release, where it encouraged its members to observe hunting laws and regulations. It also stressed cooperation with the Police and competent authorities, and to not fall victim to provocations.
The FKNK also stated that the Turtle Dove can only be hunted between 1st September 2019 and 30th September 2019. The overall bag limit for the autumn hunting season for the Turtle Dove was set at 7,000.
BirdLife Malta has stated on their website that hunting is permitted for 40 species from land and 12 species at sea.
Hunting season: the details
- Hunting is allowed from two hours prior to sun rise to two hours post sunset.
- However, between 15th September and 7th October, both dates included, hunting must stop by 7pm.
- Furthermore, on all Sundays and public holidays hunting must stop by 1pm.
- Captured game must be reported via SMS to a number which is provided by the WBRU, every time a hunter is to stop hunting and leave the site.
- Hunting season and rabbit trapping season is to remain open till 31st December.