Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
Coronavirus is becoming an increasing concern, as it slowly spreads worldwide. Travelling increases the risk of being infected, and not just by the coronavirus.
One may end up sitting next to someone feverish, or suffering from influenza, for hours on end. So how can one prevent getting sick?
How can you avoid getting sick while going abroad?
- Prior to going to the airport, ensure your vaccinations are all up to date.
- Wash your hands with soap and water, frequently.
- Avoid touching your face and eyes.
- Use hand sanitiser.
- Use disinfectant wipes to wipe down seats, door handles, the airplane table etc.
- Avoid sitting next to others by picking empty rows.
- Avoid using the airplane toilet.
- Wear a mask, preferably an N95 respirator mask.
- Drink water on the airplane, and avoid coffee and alcohol. Water helps protect one against microbes.
- Sleeping on the plane is not a problem, since the body fights off pathogens even in sleep.