MSE Trading Report for week ending 30 November 2018.
- MSE Equity Total Return Index registered a loss of 0.07% to close at 8,917.034 points. A total turnover of €1.2 million was generated, spread across 15 equities, of which five headed north and three lost ground.
- In the banking industry, Bank of Valletta plc and HSBC Bank Malta plc both closed unchanged at €1.33 and €1.80 respectively.
- Conversely, Medserv plc headed the list of gainers with a 4.35% gain to close at €1.20. The company announced that it has secured long term contracts enhancing the forecast earnings.
- MPC and IHI shares gained 1.8% and 1.7% respectively on thin trading
- Loqus Holdings plc was the worst performer as prices were dragged down by 17.65% with 258,035 shares traded across six transactions. The company also announced that the AGM will be held on January 29, 2019.
- Go plc shares declined by 2.5% to return to the €3.90 level — 11 deals worth €180K were executed
- In the corporate bond market, active issues amounted to 46, of which 14 advanced while another 18 dropped in value. The 5% Global Capital Unsecured 2021 jumped by 1.5%.
- In the sovereign debt market, 22 issues were active, across a positive week as the Central Bank of Malta revised higher its long-dated MGS prices.
Full Report 30th November 2018