The Ministry for Gozo has on Monday launched the Gozo Teleworking Scheme for Gozitans working in Malta within the private sector.
Through this scheme businesses located in Malta and employ Gozitans residing in Gozo, can benefit if they offer teleworking and a company can receive the financial benefit for a maximum of ten employees.
Financial assistance will be provided on two criteria:
- Partial reimbursement of 75% up to €850 on the cost of technological equipment for each employee
- Salary reimbursement of up to €10,000 on a period of three years which will be offered pro-rata according to the number of hours of teleworking allocated during the week per employee
The businesses offering the teleworking facility will receive reimbursement as follows:
- 1st year maximum of €3,000
- 2nd year maximum of €3,000
- 3rd year maximum of €4,000
The salary reimbursement will be allocated to businesses after the first year of implementing teleworking and the partial reimbursement for equipment will be allocated upon acceptance of the application.
Gozo Minister Clint Camilleri said that this scheme is considered as a social measure to promote the concept of work-life balance and family-friendly measures too.
Minister Camilleri said that during the coronavirus pandemic it was noticed how teleworking was resulting to be efficient and reduced certain costs for businesses and that is why the government is launching this initiative.
The details for this scheme will be available on the Ministry for Gozo website in the coming days.
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.