Family in home fire incident in Gozo

Fire engulfed an apartment containing a family with a baby in Għajnsielem on Thursday morning.

The incident happened at around 09.45am in Triq Malta.

Police sources told newsbook.com.mt that the fire started from an airconditioning unit in one of the bedrooms, which then spread to the curtains.

newsbook.com.mt  was also informed by sources on site that there was commotion after the fire engine found it difficult to access the apartment.

The fire was eventually put out by members of the Civil Protection Department.

No one suffered any injuries in the incident.