Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
The Government has slammed a message saying that it was expected to announce new cases which will amount to ’35 patients testing positive to coronavirus’ as completely fake.
The health authorities announced that two more patients have tested positive to coronavirus on Thursday morning, bringing the number to a total of 9.
Meanwhile a rumor spread like wild fire saying that there had been some 30 or more new cases which the government was expected to announce later on. The rumor was given some authority when the Facebook-based news site 4 Malta quoted an anonymous official from the Office of the Prime Minister confirming the ’35 cases’. However in the same post, the Facebook page said that the information was neither confirmed nor denied by the relevant authorities.
A spokesperson for the Health Ministry told Newsbook.com.mt that the information was completely fake.
The authorities are not expecting any spike in cases from the batch of tests carried out this afternoon for Covid-19.
On Thursday, Prime Minister Robert Abela announced that all educational institutions will be closed from tomorrow for a week. During a press conference, Abela explained that the parents have to take time off and stay with their children. He acknowledged that the measures were tough. Deputy Prime Minister and Health Minister Chris Fearne urged all parents not to leave their children with their grandparents since the latter are very vulnerable.