Gozo and Comino with the largest increase in PVs

Pannelli

Tista' taqra bil- Malti.

Gozo and Comino registered the largest increase in the number of photovoltaic panels.

According to statistics issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO), the Gozitan region registered the largest increase in the number of photovoltaic panels in the Maltese Islands in 2016. The Gozitan region includes Comino.

The increase was that of 44%. This means that a total of 155GW are being generated by the sun.

More than 90% of these panels are being used by households. The other 10% are being used by the businesses and by the Government.