Dog ends up in intensive care after being poisoned in Xagħra

A dog has allegedly been poisoned by slug pellets outside his home last Friday in Triq tal-Għejun, Xagħra.

Newsbook.com.mt reached out to the owner, who explained that her dog, Rafa, ended up in intensive care after he was left twitching and his whole system was starting to shut down. 

Read: Animal poisoning in new localities

18 month old Rafa is a labrador and border collie mix rescue. The dog is usually allowed to walk outside their home in the evenings, and it is believed that it was at that moment where he was poisoned. 

The following morning, a tray containing fresh meat and blue pellets near the same residence was found by the owner. 

A police report will be filed today, as well as the installation of CCTV cameras around the residence.