Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
De La Salle College and St Aloysius College Sixth Forms are currently in discussion with the education authorities and the MATSEC board, the Secretariat for Catholic Education said in a statement.
Since the first case of coronavirus was registered in Malta, schools have been closed down until June and MATSEC exams postponed. Initially educational institutions were closed until 17 April, however the closure was extended on Saturday. Among the other changes brought about due to the coronavirus outbreak in Malta, includes the cancelling of O’Levels. Instead candidates will be assessed on a predictive assessment based on the mock exams. The MATSEC board will assess the candidates and students would be graded level 2 or 3 according to their performance.
The Secretariat for Catholic Education said that once the discussions are concluded, revised admission criteria for entry into both Sixth Forms for the academic year starting September 2020, will be determined and published.
The public has been urged to allow both colleges the space and time required to validly and justly respond to the current context in the best interest of all.
So far, 151 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Malta. Four patients are receiving treatment in the intensive therapy unit at Mater Dei Hospital while only two patients have recovered.
Last week, all Church Schools ballots have been postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak and other restrictions that are currently in place.
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.