Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
The public inquiry into the murder of journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia continued this afternoon. Keith Schembri’s ex personal assistant, Charlene Bianco Farrugia and ex OPM official Ronnie Vella took the witness stand.
The public inquiry into the murder of journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia will continue this Friday at 9 am.
Vella says he felt it was his duty to give information about someone who was of relevance or interest to the labour party or to the OPM. Says he used to send the information to Keith Schembri.
Vella is still looking at the photo.
He is shown a photo and he recognizes a person in the photo. He says that the person was a colleague of his during the electoral campaign but he does not know what was the job of the other person in the photo.
Ronnie Vella is now remembering the bar mentioned by the board of inquiry and says it is close to a petrol station.
The board asks Vella if he had taken photos of certain people on that day. Vella does not answer and is trying to remember.
Ronnie Vella says he does not remember.
Vella's lawyer asks the board to not ask questions to his client on the incident.
The board refuses the request.
He explains that he was involved in the logistics of press conferences and other government events.
Vella's lawyer tells the board of inquiry that his client wouldn't like to testify as there is still an ongoing investigation by the Police.
The party was held at Portomaso Level 22 and Yorgen Fenech was the organizer.
On the list one can find the names of people who were to be invited for a financing closing party organized by Electrogas.
Corinne Vella continues to explain that he is not supposed to come in contact with journalists at any time.
She then presents a list of e-mails which include e-mail addresses which can be found on the server josephmuscat.com.
Vella also mentions how the wife of former Prime Minister, Michelle Muscat, had a government e-mail.
During the last court sitting, last week, Kenneth Camilleri who was referred to as Kenneth ‘from Castille’ (ta’ Kastilja)testified before the Board of Inquiry. During his testimony, Camilleri insisted that he would share posts in partisan spirit despite not understanding anything about the Panama Papers and their implications.
Kenneth Camilleri used to work as a security guard for disgraced former Prime Minister Joseph Muscat. Kenneth ‘ta’ Kastilja’ has been linked to a covert €3 million bail request of the three men charged with carrying out the murder.
Highlights from the last court sitting:
- Disgraced former Prime Minister Joseph Muscat, former OPM Chief of Staff Keith Schembri and Muscat’s PA Ray Barbara used private email servers while in their official roles
- Barbara had an @josephmuscat.com email
- Ray Barbara said he has never seen murder suspect Yorgen Fenech at the Office of the Prime Minister
- Barbara recalled seeing Joe Gasan at Castille
- Kenneth Camilleri said that he went to Libya four times with Neville Gafà
- Only one of these trips to Libya was an official trip
- Camilleri shared articles on the Panama Papers but insisted he understood nothing about the subject
- Camilleri met with self-confessed go in between Melvin Theuma four times. He said that he never told Schembri about his meetings with Theuma
- Both witnesses said that the Panama Papers were not mentioned with Muscat or former OPM Chief of Staff Keith Schembri
- Both witnesses identified Ronnie Vella from a still of the live video when journalists were held inside Castille after an early morning press conference