Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
Superintendent of Public Health Professor Charmaine Gauci will deliver a press briefing at 12.30pm.
An infographic released by the health authorities on Friday shows that 31 new coronavirus cases were detected in the last 24 hours following 2,134 swab test.
The health authorities announced that 44 of the 54 individuals who have made a recovery are migrants.
On Thursday, 55 new cases of coronavirus were reported, exceeding the highest single-day increase of cases since the beginning of the pandemic.
The number of active cases has now surpassed the 500 mark.
Asked about the amount of information being divulged by the authorities, Prof. Gauci cites time constrains due to the number of cases being registered.
'We have the tools we require at present,' Prof. Gauci replies when asked again about declaring a state of public health emergency.
Prof. Gauci remarks that they have full personal protective equipment.
Literature from other countries shows that patients who have recovered suffered on the long-term.
At present we have to be more cautious, she says.
On the state of public health emergency, she explains that despite not having declared such state, the health authorities has the necessary tools to issue legal notices.
Those who have no symptoms are waiting on average four days.
Qormi and Burmarrad swab centres are full operational.
Health authorities have issued 109 in fines related to not wearing of face masks. 742 inspections were carried out.
In some cases, the patient would be living with either elderly or vulnerable people and therefore would be isolated in hospital to protect the other household members.
The number of health workers in quarantine are:
77 from Mount Carmel Hospital
Seven from Karin Grech Hospital
Two from Gozo General Hospital
One from primary healthcare
56 from Mater Dei Hospital
49,618 inspections were carried out to ensure that various establishments followed social distancing rules and guidelines, Prof. Gauci says.
21,651 were carried out on retail outlets.
On testing of passengers on arrival, the Superintendent says that the protocols are being finalised. The measure will take into consideration the country's testing rate and the number of coronavirus cases being registered in the respective country.
71-year-old female who has no underlying health conditions and she is on oxygen supply.
68-year-old male who has mild underlying health conditions and is breathing through a ventilator.
53-year-old female who has no underlying health conditions and is on oxygen supply
The Superintendent urges the public to come forward if they develop any symptoms related to coronavirus.
Various mitigation measures have been implemented to protect people's health, she adds.
Malta is ranked third when it comes to testing.
Environmental health officers ensure that those who test positive for coronavirus are abiding by mandatory quarantine rules.
Most patients are recovering at home and are being followed through TeleMedicine.
She remarks that the Mount Carmel Hospital cluster has been contained.
29 individuals were related to a family cluster.
Three individuals have been added to the language school clusters.
38 patients have made a recovery.
A total of 13,239 swab tests were also carried out during the last week.
One of the spikes relates to migrants that were rescued at sea. The migrants were subsequently placed in quarantine, she explains.
77 staff members are in quarantine.
Three patients are in intensive care – a person is breathing through the help of a ventilator.
16 patients are at Sir Paul Boffa Hospital.
13 patients are at St Thomas Hospital.
8 patients are at Mount Carmel Hospital.
She announces that 44 of the 54 individuals who have made a recovery are migrants, after they were tested again 14 days later.
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.