As from Monday, childcare services will be available for healthcare workers.
This was announced on Twitter by Ministers Chris Fearne and Owen Bonnici after all educational institutions closed last Friday until the coming Friday because of the coronavirus outbreak. The Government should then assess the situation and decide whether it should extend this period.
Minister for Health Chris Fearne said that this should help keep all essential medical services running in full capacity in such a critical time.
So far Malta has 18 registered cases, 5 of which were announced this morning. All cases so far have been imported and no cases of local transmission have been reported yet, although health authorities have been reported saying that this is only a matter of time.
Prime Minister Robert Abela said that should there be local transmission, the country will go into lockdown, although he is dreading having to make this call.
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.