Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
Family Minister Michael Falzon said that there appear to be no active cases of Covid-19 in Casa Antonia in Balzan, while less than 10 cases remain in the other care home badly impacted by the pandemic: Residenza San Ġuzepp in Fgura.
During question time in Wednesday’s Parliament sitting, Falzon confirmed that no other care home was presently dealing with Covid-19.
The Fgura care home had been particularly badly-hit by the pandemic, and late last month, it was decided to evacuate all residents who had not tested positive for Covid-19 and who were not in quarantine.
Since then, Falzon said, over 100 people have recovered from Covid-19 within the home.
But while the situation in care homes appears to be improving, the same cannot be said for the rest of the country: earlier in the day, the health authorities confirmed a record number of new cases (111) and a record number of active cases (940).