Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
Bishop of Gozo Anton Teuma said that the Beatitudes are the answer when asked about characteristics of saints during their lifetime.
Delivering a homily during a Mass marking All Saints’ Day, Bishop Teuma commented on the Beatitudes explaining that the faithful should seek to live their lives the way saints did.
Bishop Teuma gave a short explanation on each of the Beatitudes:
- “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.”
- “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.”
- “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the Earth.”
- “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.”
- “Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.”
- “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.”
- “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.”
- “Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.”
- “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.”
The full homily may be found here.