A caring society is the theme for the Festa tal-Indipendenza for 2018. This was announcing during a press conference on Saturday by Partit Nazzjonalista General Secretary Clyde Puli. He also said that the PN wants a caring society built on five pillars. These five pillars are the protection of life, a decent life, serenity to those in vulnerable circumstances, good life quality and our Maltese identity.
Clyde Puli also announced the diverse entertainment programme which includes:
- Coldplay and Queen Tribute bands will be performing on Saturday 15th September and Sunday 16th September;
- Performances by Mark Spiteri Lucas Band and D Capitals;
- The competitions Kanzunetta Indipendenza and Kanzunetta Indipendenza Junior;
- Sport activities which will include a walk and a run on Sunday 16th September;
- A Gabriel Caruana Dingli art exhibition at Dar Ċentrali on Monday 10th September;
- Daily politcal discussions;
- Mass Meeting at Fosos in Floriana on Thursday 20th September;
- Reception for the party activists at Ġnien Indipendenza in Tas-Sliema on Friday 21st September;
- Another reception in Gozo for the Gozitan party activists the week after.