Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
A total of 69 new cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed overnight, the second highest number of cases reported in a single day, Superintendent for Public Health Charmaine Gauci revealed on Monday.
With a record 72 cases reported on Saturday and 63 others on Sunday, this means that the last three days have each seen more Covid-19 cases reported in Malta than any other day since the start of the pandemic.
Gauci was speaking at a press conference announcing new measures to combat the spread of Covid-19, anticipating the health authorities’ daily bulletin.
The total number of active cases has now reached 607, with 10 patients having made a recovery overnight.
The health authorities said that today’s cases are still being investigated, but said that yesterday’s cases include 17 family members of previously-known cases, 12 were direct contacts of known cases, while 7 others were colleagues. Five cases formed part of the Mount Carmel cluster, two traced to the Paceville cluster, two were imported and two related to football and waterpolo teams.
A total of 2,269 swab tests were carried out over 24 hours: the total number of swab tests carried out since the start of the pandemic is now 158,933.
The 69 new cases bring the total number of Covid-19 cases reported in Malta up to 1,375, with 759 patients making a recovery. The pandemic has claimed 9 lives.
The asylum seekers reaching Malta by boat are counted separately. So far, 105 cases of Covid-19 have been reported among them, with 61 active cases and 44 patients making a recovery.
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.