Tista' taqra bil- Malti.
65 new coronavirus cases were detected overnight following 2,922 swab tests, the health authorities announced on Saturday afternoon.
The total number of active cases now stands at 663 as 21 made a recovery.
The ministry explained that the cases reported on Friday have been traced to:
- 10 cases were family members of previous known cases.
- 3 cases were direct contacts of other positive cases
- 3 cases were from St Joseph Home cluster
- 1 case was from Casa Antonia Home for the elderly
- 1 case was of a work colleague of a previously known case
- 1 case was from a social gathering with other positive cases.
The cases reported on Saturday are still under investigation, the health authorities said.
To date, 2,699 cases have been registered while 229, 252 swab tests have been carried out.
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.