57 new coronavirus cases were reported on Monday by the health authorities after 2,176 swab tests were carried out in the last 24 hours.
The total number of active cases stands at 518 after 12 made a recovery.
On Sunday, the health authorities reported 66 coronavirus cases of which 30 have been traced. Thirty-six cases remain unaccounted for.
From the 30 cases which have been traced – seven cases were from St Vincent de Paule while seven cases were of educators.
- Six cases were family members of previously known cases
- Five cases were direct contacts of other positive cases
- Two cases were contact of positive work colleagues
- A case was imported
- A case forms part of the Paceville cluster
- Seven cases from St Vincent de Paule
- Seven cases of educators
- One case of a student
To date, 3,327 coronavirus cases were registered in Malta. The pandemic has claimed 39 lives.
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.